1 Minute Flourless Chocolate Cupcake ~ Guest Post by Ditch the Wheat
I would like to thank Jessica for letting me guest post on Oh Cake. Most of all I am thankful for her starting The Food Bloggers Network. This is where I “met” Jessica and have come to regard her as one of my blogger friends and mentors. I love The Food Bloggers Network for the wealth of information that it provides. I feel my blog, Ditch The Wheat, has benefited from it.
Now onto the best part! What can a food blog that is devoted to low carb, gluten free recipes bring to Oh Cake readers? Well, a delicious, 4 ingredient low carb, gluten free cupcake of course. I wanted to provide you with something that did not require any special ingredients or skills. The cupcake will probably be the fastest cupcake you have ever made. Drum roll….. 1 minute to bake. Best of all if you love to bake you probably have the ingredients in your pantry right now. Let’s get started making what I call the 1 Minute Flourless Chocolate Cupcake.
• 1 egg
• 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tbsp of preferred sweetener *I used raw honey, but if you are not used to making anything low carb you might prefer to start with 2-3 tablespoons of your preferred sweetener .
• 1/4 tsp of baking soda
• In a bowl mix together the egg, cocoa powder, and sweetener. Lastly add the baking soda and mix.
• Pour the batter into microwavable silicone cupcake liners, or 1 medium bowl (to make a small cake), or 3 small bowls (to make it cupcake size), people often use a coffee mug too. I found that one batch made 3 cupcakes. *If you are using bowls or a coffee mug you should lightly grease the inside with butter, coconut oil, or your preferred cooking fat.
• Microwave all three cupcakes at once for 1 minute or until baked. *Note, the batter will rise very high at first and then deflate as it is finished baking.
• Test the cupcakes for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle. If the toothpick comes out clean it is finished, if not microwave for a few more seconds.
For a topping I chopped up strawberries. You could use whipped cream, or drizzle a simple icing/syrup over the cupcakes (Little Debbie Cupcake style), the choices are endless.